ROLE: FOUNDER + DIRECTOR / CREATIVE DIRECTOR
When 360i had me come out for a visit in 2011, I was immediately captivated. They had teams in the building that I had never worked side-by-side within an agency before; developers, influencer marketing, community managers and SEO. They had all the trappings that I thought was missing from a more traditional shop.
Although there wasn’t a role for me, with a shared vision, we took a shot on each other. And I signed on to come aboard that same visit.
Over the course of the next couple years, we started sprinting. Because I worked across the agency from both an operational and creative capacity, it is difficult to measure individual output. No matter, because I always judge myself against the success of the entire team/organization. What we accomplished as an agency was special.
I take great pride in my time there, working alongside incredible people and leadership. And most of all, am humbled that I got to be a part of that leadership.
Here were my two briefs:
- Break down walls and drive the agency into become more integrated; internally through how we worked and externally by the work we produced
- Design and build a hyper collaborative nimble team of makers that would energize the way we worked and thought
The result was an integration and growth in 2011/ 2012 and a breakout year in 2013.
- We re-casted people into roles that worked toward strengths, skills and passions and found the hidden gems in our industry
- Through the development of the Content Studio, we expanded the agency’s creative and production offerings
- We were able to successfully merchandise and sell the Content Studio through to all of our clients
- The Content Studio team grew from 0 to 30 within a year time
- And more importantly, the agency was operating more collaboratively than ever by seeing the value in each others respective crafts